Aalto University, Department of Built Environment,
Spatial Planning and Transportation Engineering
– Staff scientist 2013-present
– Teaching research scientist 2010-2013
Helsinki University of Technology (HUT), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering:
– Docent in Intelligent Transportation Systems (2005-2009)
– Teaching research scientist 2001-2009
– Research scientist 1991-2001
– Research assistant 1986 – 1990
Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Department of Infrastructure and Planning
– Research fellow (former assistant professor) 2001 – 2003
– Research scientist 1996 – 2001
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL operated under the University of California), Simulation Applications Group (TSASA), New Mexico, USA, 1998 – 1999
The Nottingham-Trent University (NTU), Department of Computing, Real-time telemetry systems (RTTS) 1997-1998.
RSM Ltd., Chief architect (part time)
– 2012-2018 Consulting on call
– Managing Director of the Finnish office (2008-2012).
Conveqs Oy, Part time consulting (2019-)
Consultation assignments during 1996-2006 from: Transport Forskning Komission /TFK), Transport Research Laboratory (TRL,UK), Competence Center for Traffic Simulation (CTR/KTH), M-Real Oy, Kapiteeli-Sponda, Simulus Oy.